Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ashleys Tragedy

I dont know about you, but as witchy as Ashley can be sometimes, she is one of my favorite female characters on Y&R. She's professional and not nearly as emotionally driven as the other damsels in distress. So, for me, this past summer's story line of her going crazy was disappointing. I much prefer the Ashley who is not scared to tell off Victor or confront the man who has taken control of her family's company having never been introduced. She's confident. She's educated. She doesnt allow nepotism to give her positions within a company... she earns them (what a novel idea that the newman brats could perhaps consider?!). Obviously, I like her.

So you can imagine my disappointment as I watched yesterdays previews for today. Ashley, run?! Like Jack, I was already picturing her feeding an empty blanket. The thought of watching her run from the most recent tragedy (admittedly the worst in this series of tragedies that is her life) bothered me. It more than bothered me.

Skip forward to today's episode. And picture my heart swell with pride as i watched my favorite gal rise to the occasion and return home after contemplating making a dash for it while she could. While i am sympathetic to her situation (and i, myself would probably run to the far corners of the earth to keep my baby with me), I was proud to see her face it head on.

Now thats the Ashley I like to see.

So I ask, who is your favorite leading lady of Y&R?

0 comments:

Post a Comment